Are you getting excited? The upcoming drawing of America’s biggest lottery offers a $ 375 million Powerball jackpot! This is more than enough reason for you to buy your Powerball tickets now. And if that astronomical jackpot amount is not reason enough for you to be part of the action, we’ve listed seven things you need to know about Powerball and its jackpot.
- 1. It’s the biggest in the world! No other lottery in the world offers anything close to the $375 million jackpot up for grabs in the US Powerball draw on Wednesday, June 7th. This past weekend, the EuroMillions saw its €153 million jackpot prize claimed by a single lucky ticket holder from Belgium. The American Mega Millions lottery, the only other lottery capable of offering mega jackpots (its record is $656 million) currently boasts an $80 million jackpot. The Powerball jackpot is on its own at the top, attracting lottery players everywhere.
- 2. Powerball’s jackpot is rolling! The jackpot has been rolling over since April 1st when one lucky player from Arizona won a $60 million ($36.4 million cash value) top prize. A jackpot of that amount sounds so small in comparison to the current jackpot but winning $60 million is not something to get upset about.
- 3. Not yet the biggest Powerball jackpot this year. In the Powerball draw on February 22nd, a single lucky ticket holder from Indiana captured a huge jackpot of $435,300,000. Not only is that the biggest jackpot yet this year, it was also the 10th largest lottery jackpot ever! The winner of that jackpot, by the way, decided to remain anonymous although it was announced that he is a Purdue graduate who works at a manufacturing plant in Lafayette, Indiana.
$ 375 Million Powerball Jackpot Ahead!
- 4. Powerball holds the world record for biggest jackpot ever. It goes without saying that the Powerball’s $1.58 billion jackpot, set in January 2016, is still the world’s record holder. Lottery fans around the world are wondering if the top prize will once again go above the $1 billion mark. If the current jackpot continues to roll over for a few more draws, it just might happen.
- 5. There are many ways to play the Powerball. There are a number of ways to buy Powerball tickets online including standard one-time entries, multi-draws or even by taking out a Powerball subscription. Players can choose how many lines to play knowing that the more tickets they purchase, the better their odds of winning Powerball prizes. And to improve their odds even further, players can purchase shares in a Powerball syndicate or purchase a Powerball bundle, which includes syndicate shares and a personal entry. Also, the more Powerball tickets you have, the better your chances of winning the jackpot!
- 6. Powerball creates millionaires in every draw. Most lottery players focus on winning the jackpot but one mustn’t forget that the Powerball lottery creates millionaires in nearly every draw. The second division prize is a cool $1 million. That amount could double to $2 million if the Power Play option is included when purchasing Powerball tickets.
Play to win the $375 Million Powerball Jackpot!
- 7. You can’t win if you don’t play. Winning a $ 375 million Powerball jackpot would be a life-changing event. Most of us can barely imagine what we would do with such a huge prize. However we are all aware of one simple fact. In conclusion, if you don’t purchase Powerball tickets, you won’t have a chance of winning the jackpot. The bottom line is to hurry and purchase your Powerball tickets now in time for the upcoming draw. Good luck!