How to play US Powerball
Are you ready to play US Powerball? Great! All you need to do is select five main numbers from a guess range of 1-69 and an additional number, the Powerball, from a separate guess range of 1-26. See, it’s easy to play US Powerball!
When selecting Powerball numbers to play you have two options: use the automatic Quick Pick selection to fill in your form with random numbers, or choose your own. There are advantages and disadvantages to both options. While the Quick Pick does not increase your Powerball odds it does reduce the likelihood that you’ll have to split the jackpot if you’re lucky enough to win it. For many people, selecting their own lottery numbers is a big part of the fun! Perhaps they’ve got their own Powerball lucky numbers that they believe will bring them luck. If you’re curious, we’ve got more to say about finding your own lucky Powerball numbers.
Play Powerball Syndicates
Powerball syndicates greatly boost your Powerball winning odds by giving you a share in a multi-line entry. The biggest Powerball winning syndicates were groups of co-workers who pooled their money to buy tickets together and share the winnings. However, online lottery messenger services such as theLotter offer Powerball syndicate play without the trouble of organizing a group of lottery players. Simply choose the amount of shares in the syndicate you’d like to purchase and you’re on your way to an odds boosting Powerball entry.
Why Choose the Power Play Multiplier
In addition, you have the option to choose the Power Play multiplier, which will multiply secondary prizes by 2, 3, 4, 5 or even 10 times. However, the second prize can only double, raising it from $1 million to $2 million with the Power Play multiplier in effect. The 10-time multiplier is available for jackpots below $150 million. The Power Play multiplier is actually the last number selected in Powerball draws. It is drawn from the same type of machine as the other numbers and is therefore completely random. The Power Play multiplier adds $1 to the cost of a ticket, but can pay off big time.
In 2005 a record 110 players won the US Powerball 2nd prize, which at the time was $100,000, for matching all five main numbers. The Multi-State Lottery Association, which operates Powerball, suspected fraud. The truth was actually much more strange, and delicious. A fortune cookie that was handed out in Chinese restaurants featured the winning numbers: 22-28-32-33-39. However, 21 of the lucky second prizewinners opted for the Power Play and received a $500,000 prize. Definitely worth the extra dollar!
US Powerball Rules
US Powerball rules stipulate that jackpot winners have the option to choose their prize as a cash lump sum or an annuity paid out in 30 payments over 29 years. Powerball lists jackpot figures using the annuity option. Players who opt for the cash lump sum take home less money.
Powerball rules also set the ticket price at $2 per line, plus an additional $1 for the Power Play. Online players also pay a service fee.
Powerball draws take place on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 22:59 Eastern Time (21:59 Central Time, 20:59 Mountain Time, 19:59 Pacific Time).
Tickets for Powerball draws can be purchased until approx. 22:45 Eastern Time at the night of the draw, or approx. 17:00 Eastern Time when playing Powerball online.
Where to Play US Powerball
US Powerball is offered in 44 states, Washington DC, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. US Powerball is also offered online for both American and international players. Playing US Powerball online is often the only choice for international players; however, it does offer significant advantages over playing in person.
Play US Powerball Online
Playing Powerball online with a lottery messenger service is safe, legal, and convenient. Lottery messenger services bring the world’s biggest lotteries to international audiences by buying paper tickets from authorized retailers on behalf of online players. The messenger service then scans a copy of the ticket and uploads it to the player’s account.
As opposed to many sites that offer players a chance to bet on the outcome of a lottery draw, a lottery messenger services provide actual, physical tickets to a lottery and therefore a guarantee that the prizes will be paid, no matter how big.
Playing US Powerball online with a Lottery messenger service has many advantages:
- A comfortable process – You can arrange everything, from purchasing your Powerball ticket to checking the draw results and winning Powerball numbers, from the comfort of your own home!
- Play with an official entry – Playing with a lottery messenger service means that you will have an official entry to US Powerball and if you’re a winner you’ll collect your prize just like anyone else. Some sites offer online lottery play but what they really offer is the chance to bet on the outcome of a lottery. If you win a big jackpot, say $1.6 billion, you’re at the mercy of a private company to pay your prize.
- Peace of mind – A paper lottery ticket from an offline store is easy to lose, and losing it would automatically lose any prize you could possibly win with that ticket! When you play online, your ticket details and proof of purchase are stored online in your personal account, and your paper ticket is kept in a safe. Short of putting your ticket in Ft. Knox, playing online with a messenger service is the safest way to play!
- Automatic win notifications – Your numbers are checked automatically – if you win you’ll be notified directly by email or sms. A win will not pass by unnoticed, even if you forget to check the latest US Powerball Results!
- Play the whole Powerball family, from home! In addition to US Powerball there is also South Africa Powerball, New Zealand Powerball, and Australia Powerball. Playing the lottery online opens up a world of possibility that doesn’t exist at your local retailer.
Once you’ve bought your ticket to play US Powerball you’ll want to stay tuned and check the Powerball results to see if you’ve won a prize!